Terms & Conditions
By registering for the CHANGANACHERRY MARATHON, the participant agrees to abide by the conditions of entry listed below, as well as any instructions given by the race organizer and officials of the race.
For Reasons of Safety
Roller skates, wheelbarrows, bikes, cycles or any other form of motion-enhancing devices will not be permitted on the course.
- Use only the application form provided on this website to submit your entries.
- Please thoroughly go through all relevant information given on the event website and application form prior to submitting your application.
- Requests for participation cancellation, and refund, will not be entertained.
- Online certificates for successful participants shall be issued only for Half Marathon and 10K events.
- In respect of all three events viz. 21K, 10K and 3K Fun Walk-Run, only individual entries shall normally be accepted.
- Half Marathon and 10 K run applicants must be above the age of 18. Supporting government issued age proof with photo must be carried when collecting the bibs for the event.
- In case of 3K Fun walk-run, any minor participant below 12 years must be accompanied by parent/guardian.
- On application being successfully submitted, registrants will receive an email and SMS confirming their application with a unique code.
- Soon after the entries close, runners will receive an email and SMS with their BIB Nos. and other details.
- Those wishing to confirm their application status in the interim can send us an email to Mail id email@example.com
Health Mandatories & Medical Conditions
- It is the responsibility of all participants to ensure that they are fully vaccinated (at least two doses) with COVID-19 vaccination approved by WHO and are medically fit to participate in the event.
Release of all claims/ Medical Emergencies
- By registering for the Marathon, the participant agrees that in the event of any injury or being taken ill or otherwise suffering any detriment whatsoever, the participant irrevocably authorizes the event officials and organizers to, at participant’s risk and cost, be transported to a medical facility and/or to administer emergency medical treatment. The responsibility of the organizers will be limited to this only and no claims will be entertained.
- The event will only be cancelled or postponed due to unforeseen or unavoidable circumstances. The organizer shall not be liable for any entry fees, costs and expenses the participant may incur as a result of such cancellation or postponement.
- You are to participate only in the race category for which you had applied and for which your entry has been confirmed. Your entry and running number bib and/or bib tag are not transferable to any other person under any circumstances.
- Runners found to have interchanged their running number bib and/or bib tag with another individual; will be disqualified from the Event.
- Changanacherry Marathon reserves the right to disqualify or exclude any person from the event/competition who gives incorrect personal data/details on the entry form, who has been banned from competition under IAAF jurisdiction, or who is suspected of having consumed banned substances. No refund of entry fee will be made.
- No result or certificate will be given to runners who do not start their run at the respective start times of the race categories they have been confirmed in.
- Any participant who has tampered with the bib tag in any way or remove/exchange it with another runner, will be disqualified from the Event.
- Participants are not allowed to bring any vehicle of any nature during the event. Anyone bringing any vehicle will be disqualified from the race and asked to leave the course.
- Participants are not allowed to run with pets, unregistered runners or babies/children who are under aged for the designated category.
- Participants will not be allowed to enter the event venue with gas balloons.
- In order to ensure the re-opening of roads by 9.00 a.m. (Or as decided by the event organizers), the organizers will designate cut off times at specified locations. Runners failing to reach these specific locations within times specified will be lifted off the road onto vehicles by the race officials.
- Only those confirmed participants wearing the current year’s running number bibs will be allowed on the route. Any person found wearing the incorrect bib or no bib will be disqualified and removed by security/volunteers.
- Further, every runner must wear his/her running number bib on the front of the vest. Any mutilation, fold, alteration or damage to the bib will amount to disqualification of the runner from the Event.
- Organizers reserve the right to stop any participant from participating who is found medically unfit to continue in the opinion of the medical personnel.
- Baggage counters are available only for participants. For security reasons, participants are requested to come, as far as possible, without any baggage. It is strongly recommended that you do not leave valuables like mobile phone, camera, jewellery, watch, electronic gadgets, etc. in the bag stored. Organizers are not responsible for any loss of baggage and belongings.
- Participants are requested to cooperate with the police and security personnel deputed at the event venues and en route. Participants/supporters are liable to random checking on race day for your own security.
- Photographs of runners taken during the event organized prior to and on race day can be used for the purpose of promoting current and future events.
- Only upon completion of the course distance for their respective events, will finishers be awarded their medals. Non-participants are NOT eligible for race medals. All completed participants are eligible for medals irrespective of categories.The winners will be declared based on the FLAG OFF time.
Running Number Bib Collection
- All confirmed participants are required to come to the office of Sargakshetra on designated dates immediately before the event and collect their running number bibs. No running number will be posted to an individual’s mailing address nor distributed on race day.
- It is mandatory for the participant to collect his/her running number bib personally. In case of unavoidable circumstances, such runner can send his/her authorized representative to collect running number bib on his/her behalf. Authorized representative must carry with him/her: -A government issued Photo-identity proof of the representative and the confirmed participant.
- Covid -19 Vaccination certificate has to be presented on request.
Your email address:
Changanacherry Marathon has a strict no-spam policy. We use your email id to send you your receipt for the event registration, and to provide you with pre-race information. We also use your email id to respond to any messages or queries you might have sent to us. Additionally, our gateway partner too has access to your email id and may use it to contact you regarding any payment related issues. On occasion, we or our partners may email you information on current or upcoming Marathon and Marathon related events.
Your phone number:
Changanacherry Marathon will use your cell phone number to SMS you receipt details. Other than this, we or our partners might call/SMS your phone number to contact or message you about an important update. Unless it is an emergency, Changanacherry Marathon and its partners will not use or contact any emergency numbers you might have shared with us during the registration process. We will not share your personal data unless compelled to do so by law.
Should you have any queries or concerns on how your personal data will be managed by us please call us at +91 8547482211/ 9496189111/ 7306482852